If you aren’t already immersed in social media, you’d better be prepared to jump on board. You could be missing out on so many new prospects, not to mention great interactions with existing customers. Social media offers the perfect venue to casually and politely interact with your clients and would-be clients. You can gather feedback, offer promotions, and generally learn about your target audience without the hassle of surveys and tedious market research.
Even if you don’t have time to sustain a social media marketing plan, you should still make the initial effort to get started. Social media grows and evolves over time, so getting into the game earlier rather than later can ultimately impact your sales and other success metrics. In case you still need a little convincing, here are five reasons why you should be using social media to promote your business on a weekly, if not daily, basis.
- Social networks give you a more intimate venue for conversing with your guests or clientele. Social media is a low-key way to have conversations, ask inspiring questions, and to generally learn about what your fans and followers like and dislike.
- Fans and followers develop a stronger brand loyalty and they are more likely to act upon things you post. Connecting with your prospective customers on this level allows you to become a more closely integrated part of their lives. Your fans may grow more attached as you continue making them fell welcome and worthwhile on your Facebook page and through your tweets and other sources of social media.
- Social media efforts give you immediate reach. Have a few open seats at the bar? Running a special on some last-minute items? Tweet about it, post about it, and get the word out there. People are checking their social media on their phones while waiting in line at the grocery store or the DMV. Take advantage of your captive audience.
- Activity on social sites can help drive traffic to your website, resulting in more conversions. Posting interesting content and photos can help drive some of your Facebook fans and Twitter followers to your website to learn more, to make purchases or reservations, and so on. Don’t miss out on this easy traffic boost!
- Google is placing higher value on content with “social proof.” Be sure to get as many comments, likes, and general social media interaction to help give your content a boost in search results. Also, remember Google’s Social Search may also help to put your brand on the radar for customers in your geographic area that are searching for things relevant to your business.
Even if you don’t have time to handle the social media aspects of your business on your own, you shouldn’t wave off the value of social media efforts for your business. Consider hiring a service or a marketing specialist to give your business the personalized social media attention it deserves!